Welcome to Our Behavioral Health Department at Texas Native Health
At TNH, we recognize the integral connection between mental well-being and the overall health of our community.
Navigating the complexities of life can sometimes feel overwhelming, but you don’t have to face it alone. Our Behavioral Health Department is committed to providing compassionate and culturally grounded care that addresses the unique needs of the urban Native American community.
Key Features of Our Behavioral Health Services:
Culturally Competent Therapists:
- Our team of licensed therapists understands the importance of cultural context in mental health. We are dedicated to providing counseling and therapy services that respect and integrate the cultural values and traditions of the diverse Native American communities we serve.
Individual and Family Counseling:
- Whether you’re facing personal challenges or seeking support for your family, our Behavioral Health Department offers individual and family counseling services. Our therapists work collaboratively with clients to explore coping strategies, build resilience, and foster positive relationships.
Children and Adolescent Therapy:
- We recognize the unique needs of children and adolescents. Our specialized therapists are trained to address the challenges faced by young individuals, providing age-appropriate and culturally sensitive therapy services.
Chronic Pain Counseling:
- Living with chronic pain can significantly impact mental health. Our Behavioral Health Department offers counseling services tailored to individuals experiencing chronic pain, addressing the emotional and psychological aspects of pain management.
- Stress is a common part of life, but effective management is crucial. Our therapists provide stress management strategies, empowering individuals to navigate life’s challenges with resilience and well-being.
- Learning relaxation techniques can be a valuable tool in promoting mental and emotional balance. Our Behavioral Health Department offers relaxation training to help individuals cultivate a sense of calm and manage stress effectively.
- Recognizing the impact of historical and intergenerational trauma, our therapists are trained in trauma-informed care. We create a safe and supportive space for individuals to explore and heal from past traumas.
Crisis Intervention and Support:
- We understand that crises can happen at any time. Our department provides crisis intervention services, offering immediate support and resources for those in urgent need.
Group Therapy and Support Groups:
Connecting with others who share similar experiences can be a powerful part of the healing process. Our Behavioral Health Department facilitates group therapy sessions and support groups, providing opportunities for shared understanding and peer support.
Our support groups include:
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Healing Circle
- Elder’s Circle
- Women’s Group
We provide specialized services for individuals struggling with addiction.
Our supportive services include:
- Addiction Counseling
- Assistance with inpatient and outpatient treatment
- Sober Living
- Referral for Medication Assisted Treatment
- Narcan Training and Distribution
At Texas Native Health, we believe in the strength of our community, and we are here to support you on your journey toward mental and emotional well-being. Reach out to our Behavioral Health Department to discover the path to healing, resilience, and a brighter future.
Accessing Our Services:
Confidentiality: Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us. Our Behavioral Health Department adheres to strict confidentiality standards, ensuring that your personal information is protected.
Ease of Access: We strive to make mental health services accessible. Whether you’re seeking help for yourself or a loved one, our team is here to guide you through the process of accessing the care you need.
Collaboration with Other Departments: We work collaboratively with other departments within Texas Native Health to ensure that our behavioral health services are integrated into a holistic approach to well-being.